Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Sprint: Don't Walk... Fly!



30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
       and young men stumble and fall;
 31 but those who hope in the LORD
       will renew their strength.
       They will soar on wings like eagles;
       they will run and not grow weary,
       they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:30-31 (NIV)

There is no one in this entire world who can live this life without stumbling. Everyone gets tired. Everyone drags their feet. Not even gold medalist Olympians could play their sport ceaselessly without getting tired. 

When I'm feeling overwhelmed, tired, stressed, and burdened to the breaking point, I need to remember that I have an intimate relationship with a God that can not only carry me, but carry all my problems as well. I can live this life without being a Daily Stumbler if I depend on God to daily pick me up and sustain me. I can walk, run, and SOAR if I have the Lord at my side.

Thank you God for enabling me to fly when the best I can do on my own is crawl. Thank-you for giving me a hope to keep my spirit going, even when my body is not willing. 
-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.