Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Sprint: Thanksgiving

"I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving." 
Psalm 69:30



Today I celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving with family. We had a wonderful time with each other, sharing in good conversation and great food (thank God my husband can cook...if it were left up to me we'd probably have mac and cheese!) I was filled with gratefulness for a great long weekend and time with family.

 It's so easy to thank God when times are good--- surrounded by loving family and good food. However, today I am reminded that I need to thank God during the difficult times too. If nothing else, I will always thank God for forgiving and saving a Stumbler like me.

Times won't always be good or easy, but God will ALWAYS be worthy of our praise and thanks. After all, he loved and saved us while we were still acting like wretched, selfish brats. He didn't wait for us to be "worth" saving.

Thank you, God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.