Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday Sprint: What God Wants From YOU

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."
1 Corinthians 13:1-3



I don't know about you, but throughout my childhood I used to dream of God calling me to do something great--like all of the Biblical figures I grew up learning about and admiring. If only God would make me a prophet... or a miracle worker... or possess unwavering faith. If only...

But the Bible makes it clear... God holds LOVE in highest esteem. Jesus declared the greatest commandments were to "love your neighbor as yourself" and to "love the Lord your God." While we are awed by healed sickness, parted waters, and raised dead... God delights in unfailing love. 

Every time I find myself wishing I could do something great in the name of the Lord, I try to remind myself that God thinks living a life of love is great. Living a life of Love is a prerequisite to anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.