Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Sprint: Take the Next Step

I am currently working through a workbook titled Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, by Blackaby and King. I only started this journey yesterday, but so far I am thinking that this book could have a profound effect on my walk with God. I will likely be sharing my thoughts and ideas over the next 3 months or so based on my studies. 






Yesterday, "Day One" in the book, my eyes were opened to the fact that I've been desperate to know the Will of God for my life, but I've been waiting for God to reveal His whole plan to me. I've been waiting for a road map. However, this is NOT how God works. In Genesis 12, God calls Abram (later called Abraham) to leave his home, take everything he owns, and go "to the land [God] will show [him]." God only gives Abram the first step. He never tells Abram the whole plan. 


I finally realized that if God gave me a road map there would be no need for faith and I would be tempted to declare that everything I did after given that "map" was done by ME alone. Where did my reliance on God go?


God highlights the next step ahead. I need to be living my life every single day in search of and in the action of taking that next step. I need to ask myself, "What does God want me to do today?" rather than "What's God's will for my life tomorrow?".  I need to be faithful and take the baby-steps asked of me rather than demanding to know the entire route before budging. 


"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" 
-John 15:5 




**I would encourage you regular readers to get your own copy of 
"Experiencing God" and journey with me over the next couple months
Let's keep each other accountable and on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.