Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Sprint: Turning to God in the Bad Times

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; 
    my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief
Psalm 31:9

Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4




We all go through times of sorrow in our lives. Tragedies happen. The world threatens to overwhelm us. Sadness and depression tighten their grip on our hearts. 

While the bad times are inevitable, they don't have to be interminable. We have a loving Father in heaven whom we can turn to in our dark times. We can cry out to him and he will comfort us. While relief may not come as quickly as want... relief will come. 

With tears in my eyes, I will turn to my heavenly Father for a comforting embrace and a shoulder to cry on. I will cry out to him for help, and in my ear I will hear his compassionate voice whisper, "Child, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." (Matthew 5:34).




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.