Monday, November 8, 2010

Reflections

"As water reflects the face, 

   so one’s life reflects the heart"

Proverbs 27:19



This first jumped out at me a couple days ago in my personal time with God. It left me wondering...what kind of heart is my life reflecting? Does my life say that I have God's Holy Spirit taking up permanent residence within my heart? Does my life reflect a heart of faith, hope, love, peace, joy, and patience? 

As I reflect on my reflection, I begin to realize that my life does not always give a flattering reflection of my heart. Some days I am afraid to approach the shoreline to see the reflection of my heart in the shimmering waters of my life. All too often my life shows the reflection of an angry, bitter, resentful, impatient, selfish heart. It's enough to make me avert my eyes and walk away in shame. 

I'm slowly beginning to realize that my life will show a much more appealing reflection if I allow the Holy Spirit to dress my heart. When I let him take my heart and have complete control over it, it doesn't take long before my life begins to show a much better reflection. Suddenly there is a glow on my face and my actions show a heart dripping with the ripened fruits of the Spirit. 

You know, I have never ever regretted a day lived in the Spirit. I have never felt bad or ill-tempered on a day that I followed the Spirit's guidance. It is strange that my wayward heart so adamantly insists to go it's own, sinful way. But no more. I truly hope that waters of my life reflect a Godly heart from now on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.