Monday, November 25, 2013

BOLD

Today's message is brought to you by: 



This passage immediately brought me back to a favourite camp song that I sang many times in my youth. You can check out this video, or just read the lyrics below: 

Be bold, be strong

For the Lord your God is with you.
Be bold, be strong,
For the Lord your God is with you.
I am not afraid,
I am not dismayed,
Because I'm walking in faith and victory,
Come on and walk in faith and victory,
For the Lord your God is with you.




I often find that songs that seem to be the simplest, actually have some profound truths hidden behind a catchy tune. Those lyrics have power! Our Lord God is with us! We do not have to be afraid, or timid, or embarrassed, or ashamed, or doubtful. We are walking in FAITH and VICTORY! Our God, our Jesus, is with us! The greatest battles have already been won! We have truth on our side! We have life on our side!

Fear and timidity are the by-products of doubt. We’ve all been there. Or at least I know I have. We need to remember that we worship a LIVING God! That our Savior rose from the dead and is WITH US! We are called to BE BOLD for our God! Be STRONG in times of difficulty so that doubt doesn’t get its icy grip on our hearts.

Jesus died and ROSE AGAIN. He died and then defeated death by rising once more, forevermore.  Our Jesus did not abandon us to fight the despair and evil of this world on our own. He lives in us and walks with us daily. When you have the spirit of the LIVING GOD actually dwelling within your very being, how can we not be BOLD and STRONG?? 


Fill us to the brim, Holy Spirit, so we can be BOLD! So that we can exude God’s power and Christ's love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback you can offer. Please share your thoughts, prayers, advice, etc.